Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Joico Color Intensity in Orange


Saturday was girls day. It was going to be perfect! Dying hair, drinking port, listening to music and eating Mochi. Me and my bestie went to a "License entry only" Hair supply store, searching for Pravana. This place didn't carry it, but apparently Joico came out with a few new colors. Since I'm trying to go this orange:
I figured a hair dye that looked like this out of the tube would do fantastic.
So after I bought everything we went back and stripped my hair with the Rusk kit, and it turned out yellow/blonde from my roots.
By the way I seriously recommend Rusk Elimin8. We applied Vero K-Pak color in Copper Flame 7FOR.
After washing it out it of course turned out darker than expected.
So I color stripped it. Again. Using 3 different color strippers. Why? Because i'm stupid when I inhale too many fumes in one week.
I also applied a protein filler and deep conditioner at this point and let it sit a few days. After the long break, I applied Joico Color Intensity in Orange and let it sit for about two hours. Let me just say how upset I am at this point. I didn't want to have to buy Manic Panic Electric Lava, but I ordered it offline as a backup. Shipping takes forever apparently so I stuck some red in my hair at the tips and hopefully I can leave it alone until it gets here.
So It's super light, but I recommend it to people who like Manic Panic Electric Tiger Lily. It's pretty similar and i've heard this lasts a long time when you're taking care of it.

1 comment:

  1. I have super bright purple hair and have had it for years..I always use Pravana Vivids and I only have to touch up my roots it stays very vibrant ...I recently went to Cosmoprof and had the same problem no more Pravana my hair really needed to be touched up so I tried the Joico Kpak Color Intensity in Violet it turned out really awesome it has a more pink undertone to it were the Pravana has a blue but I was pleased. I always dilute my Pravana to get a medium violet color, I did the same with the Kpak and thank God I did cause it came out way darker..now my hair is bleached and has been for awhile I just bleach my roots. But I have seen the Pravana Orange and its very very orange it's like your reference picture so if you can get it in amazon try it. But with bright colors it usually takes a few bleachings before you get a all over bright vibrant consistent color just do the bleaching SLOWLY cause your hair will fall out. My Instagram is amberendlessly if you want to see how bright my hairs is. Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete